Posted on | November 27, 2013 | No Comments
Holiday Wonder Diet
How about some unsagely advice?
The Absolutely….Without Fail….Holiday Wonder Diet.
Here’s a little remedy I found for holiday stress in my life – not that I adhere to it religiously, but it does have its merits.
This Holiday Wonder Diet is designed to help relieve holiday stress. It has proven especially beneficial to people employed in the tea and culinary industries. This diet has been tested on numerous Tea Room Owners prepping for Christmas teas, Tea Authors at deadline on their new tea books, Caterers, Baristas, the mail lady, Fed Ex driver and my son.
It was so successful that I thought all my friends might like to try it.
One half grapefruit with no sugar
One slice whole wheat toast – dry
6 oz. Skim milk
4 oz. lean broiled skinless chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinach (with stems removed)
1 cup herbal tisane
1 Oreo cookie
Mid Afternoon Snack:
Balance of Oregon cookies in package
1 pint Ben & Jerry’s “Roman Holiday” ice cream
1 cup herbal tisane (No Sugar!)
Two loaves garlic bread with cheese
One large sausage, Canadian bacon, mushroom, olive and cheese pizza
2 Hershey candy bars , No Nuts!
1 cup herbal tisane, No Sugar!
- Pumpkin pie with whipped cream eaten directly from the fridge is permitted after 6 p.m.
- If you eat something small, and no one sees you, it has no calories.
- If you drink diet soda with a candy bar, the calories in the candy bar are canceled out by the diet soda.
- When you eat with someone else, calories don’t count if they eat more than you do.
- Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER counts. This would include Hot Chocolate with brandy or Sara Lee Strawberry Cheesecake.
- Cookie pieces contain no calories, which occur only in whole cookies. However, nothing with peanut butter is permitted on this diet.
- Chocolate is the 8th Basic Food Group and is Universal in color. It may be substituted for any of the Food Groups green in color.
- Food items with the same color have the same calories: For example… pistachio ice cream and spinach … mushrooms and white chocolate.
If you will follow this diet religiously … which means NEVER EATING IN CHURCH … you will notice marked lessening of your stress level.
Good Luck with the Holiday Wonder Diet!
From my favorite stockbroker, D.A. Davidson.